Vireo Investment Strategies
Vireo is a portfolio of investment strategies with a single-minded focus: limit losses during extended market downturns. This strategy, known as defensive allocation, has the potential to deliver improved returns in up markets by constantly working from a position of strength (i.e., our portfolios attempt to avoid losses before making new gains). Each of the Vireo portfolios has displayed attractive risk-adjusted returns through a combination of diversification and defensive re-allocation.
The objective of the strategy is to outperform traditional strategies in both normal markets and down markets, while reducing overall volatility.
Read more about the Vireo process.
Vireo Portfolio Features
- Diversification across a broad selection of exchange traded funds (ETFs)
- Re-allocation among sectors based on a quantitative model
- Can take up to an 100% defensive position to avoid losses by completely exiting the equity market
- Evaluation of true sector trends by eliminating market noise
- Participation in up markets
- Focused on downside risk management, especially in weak markets